Carers Hub Cheshire East
Welcome to the Cheshire East Carers' Hub.
Cheshire East Carers' Hub provides a single point of access for all Carers including both young and adult Carers. The Hub exists to ensure that Carers of all ages have access to information, advice and a wide range of support services. These support services are designed to help Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and to reduce the impact the caring role can have on a Carers own health and wellbeing. Support can include:
- Support from a dedicated Carers support worker specialised in fields such as young Carers support and dementia for example. A dedicated Carers support worker will get to know you and understand your needs as a Carer. Your dedicated Carers Support Worker can offer you a carers assessment and will work with you to create a support plan to meet your individual needs. This could include:
- 1-2-1 or group based support
- Peer support
- Support to take a break
- Information, advice and guidance
- Access to a 24 hour CHAT Line manned by other Carers
- Support to access community, health and wellbeing services
- Access to activities, training, a living well-fund and much more
Carers Choice Grants
Cheshire East Carers’ Hub are working with other community organisations and groups in Cheshire East to provide Carers with a break from their caring role through the disbursement of Carers Choice Grants.
If you are a Carer registered with Cheshire East Carers Hub you should receive a booklet containing further information about the projects that have been shortlisted for Carers Choice by a Carers Panel and a voting form.
Organisations were invited to apply for up to £8,000 per project and there is £85,000 funding to award in total. Please have a look at the presentations each organisation has made.
Your vote really does count and which of these projects receive funding really is up to you! Vote for the projects you think will benefit Carers most in Cheshire East. All voting forms must be received via our freepost address no later than Friday 20th March 2020.
Register for our FREE digital resources in Cheshire East
Cheshire East Carers' Hub has teamed up with Carers UK to offer carers in our area a comprehensive solution that brings together Carers UK’s digital products and online resources with our own information and support for carers onto a single webpage.
Please click here to visit this page.
Tel: 0300 303 0208
Who Can We Help?
In Cheshire East we can support:
- Young and adult Carers including parent carers who either live in Cheshire East, care for a Cheshire East resident or are registered with a GP in East or South Cheshire.
Coffee and Chats
Meet and chat with other Carers, speak to a Carers Support Worker and take a well-earned break from your caring role whilst enjoying a coffee. If you have never been to a Coffee and Chat before don't worry! Everyone has been a "first timer". A friendly Carers Support Worker will be there to greet and offer a warm introduction. There is no need to book, please just come along and look out for a group of friendly Carers. To see where the latest coffee and chats are please check out the Winter/Spring 2020 Newsletter by clicking here.