Carers Hub Cheshire East
Coronavirus – Covid 19 Support for Carers
Although our face to face appointments, coffee and chats, events and training have been paused for now in line with government guidance due to the coronavirus outbreak, Cheshire East Carers’ Hub is continuing to provide full support for all Adult and Young Carers.
Our staff team are working from home, providing information, guidance and support to Carers in Cheshire East, including Carers Assessments. If you or a Carer you know would like our support, please contact our Service Access Team.
Telephone: 0300 303 0208 (Monday to Friday 8.00am until 6.00pm)
Carers Community Network
Our Carers Community Network is an online platform for mutual Carers support (virtual Coffee & Chat sessions). If you are a Carer and would like to be invited to use this platform you need to be registered with Cheshire East Carers Hub and have an email address. Please contact our Service Access Team and they will send you an invitation to join.
Carers Help and Talk (CHaT Line)
Are there times when you want to talk but feel that there is no one to talk to? Call our Carers Help and Talk Line. All calls are answered by Volunteers who can offer understanding with regards to the common challenges faced by Carers. The CHaT Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To talk to a Volunteer, call 0330 022 5448. In the event that a volunteer is not
immediately available to answer a call, please do try again.
Cheshire East Carers Hub have a facebook page full of information and closed groups for both Adult and Young Carers to enjoy @cheshireeastcarers. Follow us on Twitter @ches_eastcarers
Carers UK: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
Welcome to the Cheshire East Carers' Hub.
Cheshire East Carers' Hub provides a single point of access for all Carers including both young and adult Carers. The Hub exists to ensure that Carers of all ages have access to information, advice and a wide range of support services. These support services are designed to help Carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and to reduce the impact the caring role can have on a Carers own health and wellbeing. Support can include:
- Support from a dedicated Carers support worker specialised in fields such as young Carers support and dementia for example. A dedicated Carers support worker will get to know you and understand your needs as a Carer. Your dedicated Carers Support Worker can offer you a carers assessment and will work with you to create a support plan to meet your individual needs. This could include:
- 1-2-1 or group based support
- Peer support
- Support to take a break
- Information, advice and guidance
- Access to a 24 hour CHAT Line manned by other Carers
- Support to access community, health and wellbeing services
- Access to activities, training, a living well-fund and much more
Carers Choice Awards 2020 / 2021
Organisations who support Carers in Cheshire East were invited to apply for up to £8,000 to fund projects that would provide Carers with a break from their caring role. £85,000 worth of funding was available for projects to begin in April 2020. Carers registered with Cheshire East Carers Hub were invited to vote for their favourite projects.
Thank you to all those who voted and to the organisations who applied and presented their ideas. Our special thanks to our Carers Panel, who shortlisted the projects and gave so much of their time supporting this venture.
The votes were counted on March 23rd and we can confirm the organisations who were successful in gaining funding are:
- Audlem and District Community Action (ADCA)
- Central Cheshire Buddies Scheme (CCBS)
- Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust Time for Me
- Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust Male Carers
- Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust Young Adult Carers
- Cheshire Young Carers
- End of Life Partnership Carers Wellbeing Project
- End of Life Partnership Bereavement Project
- Ruby's Fund
- Wilmslow Guild
- Wishing Well
For more information about the projects and what will be available, please have a look at the presentations which you can view here. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, some projects may have to delay their start dates. We will update you where we can.
Register for our FREE digital resources in Cheshire East
Cheshire East Carers' Hub has teamed up with Carers UK to offer carers in our area a comprehensive solution that brings together Carers UK’s digital products and online resources with our own information and support for carers onto a single webpage.
Please click here to visit this page.
Tel: 0300 303 0208
Who Can We Help?
In Cheshire East we can support:
- Young and adult Carers including parent carers who either live in Cheshire East, care for a Cheshire East resident or are registered with a GP in East or South Cheshire.
Coffee and Chats
Meet and chat with other Carers, speak to a Carers Support Worker and take a well-earned break from your caring role whilst enjoying a coffee. If you have never been to a Coffee and Chat before don't worry! Everyone has been a "first timer". A friendly Carers Support Worker will be there to greet and offer a warm introduction. There is no need to book, please just come along and look out for a group of friendly Carers.