DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it
Personal data relates to an individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be from the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in our possession.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
What we do with your personal information
n-compass complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes and only for these purposes:-
- To enable us to provide you with a service
- To promote the interests of n-Compass.
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services relating to n-compass.
- To disseminate advice, guidance and information which could be of benefit to you.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities, services and information relevant to you.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations under charity, trust and company law.
- Processing is necessary under terms and conditions of service level agreements, contracts and successful funding being agreed.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and we will not share your data with anyone without your explicit consent to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data only as long as you have a relationship with n-compass or for as long as we need to legally keep records in accordance with charity, company law and funder’s terms and conditions. Once this period has passed we will then securely dispose of all data relating to you.
Your rights and your personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent.
- The right to request a copy of any personal data which n-compass holds about you.
- The right to request that n-compass corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for n-compasst to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.