The Lancashire Carers Service 0345 688 7113
Welcome to The Lancashire Carers Service
We support often hard-pressed Carers to reduce the impact of their caring role through providing information along with specialist 1-2-1 and group support including:
- Magazines twice a year detailing local groups, activities and courses.
- Regular Coffee and Chat support groups in locations across North and Central Lancashire.
- Carers Assessments and reviews. We can support you, in accordance with Care Act 2014, to undertake a Carers Assessment to identify the impact your caring role may be having on your physical and emotional health and wellbeing, whether you are willing and able to continue in your caring role and, if so, what support is needed for you to do this. We will help you to create a plan of how to put this support in place. We will also assess whether you are eligible for a Carers Personal Budget to spend against your plan. For more information about the Carers Assessment please click here.
- Support with planning for contingency or an emergency. We can support you to create a contingency care and support plan, including an option for up to 72 hours free replacement care for emergencies where you are taken into hospital unexpectedly or are involved in an incident involving emergency services and no support is available from family or friends.
- Support to access community and Health and Wellbeing services.
- Access to a 24-hour CHAT Line manned by volunteers who can offer understanding with regards to the common challenges faced by Carers. The CHAT Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To talk to a Volunteer please call 0333 103 9747
- Access to our Volunteer Befriending and Sitting-In services where volunteers are matched with Carers and the people they care for to provide company and a break from caring.
- Support for former Carers.
- Volunteering opportunities for Carers, including volunteering for the CHAT Line, Befriending and Sitting-In services. For more information please click here.
- Carers Awareness Brieﬁngs for professionals to help, identify unpaid Carers, understand the needs and rights of Carers, understand how important a Carers health and wellbeing is and increase knowledge of what support is available for Carers.
Register for our FREE digital resources in Lancashire
The Lancashire Carers Service has teamed up with Carers UK to offer carers in our area a comprehensive solution that brings together Carers UK’s digital products and online resources with our own information and support for carers onto a single webpage.
Please click here to visit this page.
Who Can We Help?
The Lancashire Carers Service works across the county providing support and information to adult Carers (18+).
The Lancashire Carers Service is delivered in partnership by n-compass and Carers Link Lancashire.
North and Central Lancashire – delivered by n-compass
Telephone: 0345 688 7113 option 2
General Email: email@example.com
East Lancashire – delivered by Carers Link Lancashire
Telephone: 0345 688 7113 option 1
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please get in touch to see how we could help you.
Coffee and Chats
Meet and chat with other Carers, speak to a Carers Support Worker and take a well-earned break from your caring role whilst enjoying a coffee. If you have never been to a Coffee and Chat before don't worry! Everyone has been a "first timer". A friendly Carers Support Worker will be there to greet and offer a warm introduction. There is no need to book, please just come along and look out for a group of friendly Carers. To see where the latest coffee and chats are please check out the Winter 2019 Newsletter by clicking here.